Tuesday 2 March 2021

Does Optimizing Content for “Near Me” Work for Local SEO? Sterling Sky Blog


We asked this question at a LocalU Advanced event: “Does adding instances of “near me” terms onto a website increase its ranking for “near me” keywords”.  The vote was very divided with 44% of people saying no and 56% of people saying yes.

We have done a ton of testing on optimizing for “near me” terms (ex: “plumber near me”) and have found that adding instances of “near you”, “nearby” and “near me” to the content of a page (including meta tags) does have a positive impact on ranking. Here is an example of a client’s homepage traffic for near me terms after we added some instances of “near me” terms to the page.

Here is a ranking tracker for another client of ours that we did this for. 

We have found this optimization has a much more drastic positive impact on organic ranking and traffic for “near me” terms than it does for local ranking and traffic from the 3-pack.

We also see, contrary to popular belief, that the majority of near me searches are happening on desktop (not mobile).

While a lot of small businesses have yet to pick up on this strategy, a lot of the major local directory sites are doing a solid job of implementing it.

 

Latest posts by Joy Hawkins (see all)





from
https://fatsfixedassettracking.com/does-optimizing-content-for-near-me-work-for-local-seo-sterling-sky-blog/1572/

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Evolution of Customer Service: Conversational Automation is Your Key to Success | by Ambit | Jun, 2021

The ways customers interact with businesses have drastically changed in previous years. From the early days of face-to-face...